There’s no better time than right now to start improving your skincare routine. Whether you’re still in your twenties or want to improve your glow in your thirties and beyond, finding the right routine can make a huge difference in the way you look. If you’ve never had a routine beyond “wash and go,” however, all the different products, lotions and potions can be overwhelming. What do you need, and how should you use it?
Read on to learn about the skincare products you should own—then visit Gilbert Wax Bar, LLC’s friendly estheticians in Gilbert, AZ for help finding the products you need to establish your perfect routine:
- A great cleanser: The first step in any skincare routine is getting a good cleanser—one that works with your skin type, not against it. Look for a product that will gently cleanse your face, and use it every day for two minutes. This will get rid of dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
- Exfoliator: Scrubbing away dead skin cells will help reveal the fresh, new skin underneath, so finding a good exfoliator is a must. Some people swear by chemical exfoliators, while others like cleansers with a little grit. Whichever you choose, exfoliate one to two times per week.
- Toner: Toner helps get rid of the last of the dead skin your cleanser and exfoliator missed. Put some on a cotton pad, then swipe over your face and neck. This will help your moisturizers and serums soak in better.
- Moisturizer with SPF: If you keep up with exfoliating and toning, your skin will not only look better, but you’ll also use less moisturizer. Find a product with at least 30 SPF, and more if you’re particularly fair. This will protect you against sun damage, which causes age spots and wrinkles.
- Serum: Many people enjoy serums, which are applied before moisturizer and help it soak in better. Serums often contain vitamins and other nutrients that will transform the look of your skin.
- Anti-aging night cream: Even if you’re 22 and your skin still looks baby-fresh, it’s never too early to invest in a good anti-aging night cream. Find a product with retinol, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye cream: Like anti-aging creams, eye cream is also a must. It’ll help you fight dark circles and prevent wrinkles. Use it every night to wake up looking refreshed.
- Weekly mask: Finally, try a luxurious weekly mask to address your particular skincare concerns. Whether you want to hydrate, exfoliate or reduce wrinkles, there’s a mask out there for you.
Try our skincare line
The new Gilbert Wax Bar, LLC offers a skincare line that includes a face scrub, face moisturizer, face mist, wrinkle recovery serum and vitamin C serum. To learn more about our products, stop by and visit with one of our estheticians in Gilbert, AZ. Call to schedule an appointment, and get ready to discover the best skin of your life. We look forward to working with you!