Taking care of your skin is important. Not only do you look and feel better when your face is glowing, but it works hard to protect you from pollution, sun, wind and cold. Why not treat yourself to a facial?
Lifecycle of a facial
The benefits of a facial are evident long after you walk out the door—in fact, they last for about four to six weeks after your appointment. Read on to learn more about facial before and aftercare, and then book an appointment along with your face and body waxing services in Gilbert, AZ.
- Before: Don’t shave, wax or pluck your eyebrows, as the products used in the facial may irritate these sensitive areas. Head to your appointment bare-faced, so your esthetician can clearly evaluate your skin.
- Just after: Your skin may look a little red if your esthetician performed any extractions. While you’ll still have a healthy glow, it’ll take a few days for the redness to subside and your clear skin to shine through.
- 48 to 72 hours: At this point, any inflammation or redness should have subsided, and your skin should look glowing and healthy, thanks to the oxygen and blood circulation boost. Be sure to avoid overworking your skin—use mild cleaners and light creams, and don’t exfoliate. Avoid the sun.
- 28 to 48 days: Now your skin has had enough time for cell turnover and regeneration. You’ll see the anti-aging benefits best at this point, as well as other long-term areas that were targeted.
- Four to six weeks: Finally, it should be about time to schedule another facial appointment. This is long enough that dirt, dead skin cells and oil will have begun to create blackheads.
Benefits of a facial
Facials are a great way to target specific skin concerns, such as anti-aging, acne or scarring, hyperpigmentation, dark circles and more. Your esthetician will work with you to address your concerns, then work to uncover the root of the problem. Stress, hormones, diet, exercise and pollution can all wreak havoc on our skin. The massaging motions help increase your circulation, and your skin will end up cleansed like never before. Facials often include exfoliation and tightening procedures, too, which will rejuvenate your tired, dull skin and give you a healthy glow. You’ll walk out of the salon feeling like a million bucks based on your skin’s appearance and texture alone.
Another great benefit—one which can only help make 2020 easier—is that facials have been scientifically proven to help you relax, uplift your mood and relieve stress. It makes sense—30 to 60 minutes of closing your eyes and enjoying soothing massage is a pretty great way to spend any day.
When determining how often you need a facial, talk to your esthetician. Let them know about your skin and budget concerns, and they’ll work with you to create a schedule that works for you.
Ready for a facial, or for face and body waxing in Gilbert, AZ? Call Gilbert Wax Bar, LLC today to book your appointment.